Saturday, April 6, 2013

At 16 months, my youngest is potty-trained already. 4 Easiest Ways to Potty Train yours.

It was just recently that I have posted a personal message received from a fellow mommy about potty training. She asked if it is okay to potty train a 14 month old baby. And I ofcourse happily answered her questions based from my experience. And now she is asking for tips on how I have potty trained my kids. And I thought of posting it as well for other mommies' reference. I hope you can find this post useful.

Here's her new PM: "Hi! Thank you so much for your reply. It is helpful. Anyway, can you give me tips on how to potty train a baby boy? He doesn't have older brothers to follow and he is still 14 mos old. he still don't know how to say words.".


Here are my tips.

1. You have to carefully instruct him about potty training. Though he won't be able to undestand fully, atleast he knows what's going on.

2.Stop asking if the kid needs to go to poop or pee.  - why would he wants to stop anything for a potty break, right? You just need to take him with out asking.


3. Also you can try having him wear underwear the whole day and change him every incident.Or leave him naked the whole time and put a potty near him. This will lead him to realize that he doesn't want to be messy and stinky all day long.


4.If not fully potty trained - Exercise "diaper at bedtime or naptime only."


There will be a lot of accidents specially for the first couple of days but as you go on with the trainiNg, your kid will  recognize more of the signs that he needs to go.

It takes a lot of patience and stinky days.. Good Luck!


I hope you enjoyed your stay. Please consider following me on twitter and G+ or liking me on facebook.

 

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post I have tried everything you have listed except the naked part and my son wants no part and he will be 3 in September and I need to have him trained by then for preschool and running out of ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really? Have you tried giving him incentives? or better yet, once he successfully did the thing on a potty (even if it is with your help) make sure that you acknowledge by saying great job, good, keep on going, your the best baby in town! lol.. try this trick as I do this most of the time. Keep me posted.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips! My daughter is almost 15 months old and I want her to be potty train before she turns 2. I hope it works! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should!!! Try this and let me know if it works!! It would be painful for you on the first few days so here's my GOOD LUCK dear!!!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! we've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Have fun! http://mybradybunchfamily.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-day-surprise.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I'll be posting this one for a while.

      Delete
    2. Following you via Linkin' with my Ladies blog hop. Have a GREAT night!

      Delete
    3. Thank ou Barb! See you more often!

      Delete
  4. Great tips! I'm soooo glad I'm over that hump (crosses fingers), I'm done having having kids, three is plenty...for us. Anyhow, I wanted to drop by and congratulate you on your Liebster Award Nomination! Whoop-Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Linkin' With My Ladies. Now following via GFC.

    Come on back tonight at midnight eastern for my Bloglovin Blog Hop...you'll love it!

    Take care,
    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, i following the "weekend social mix" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joan, help! My daughter was potty-trained before she hit 2 years old so happy kami kasi ang early. But she keeps on wearing nappies at bedtime. How can I train her? Plus she still wears nappies if she needs to do the number 2. She's 4 now!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Medyo late ko na train si Meg. But gladly mabilis lang. But yours is early ha, ang galing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super try ko yan kay Y, sis! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips! We started at around 8-9 months potty training Jacob. He's still semi-potty trained at this point, only got down doing #2 consistently every morning. We're still having problems with wee-wees because he can't tell yet and we have no patience following him around with a dipper as suggested by my MIL. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yes! I agree with your tips 'coz these are almost the same thing I've done with my little boy then. I began to potty-trained him at 13 months though we never used a potty seat but actual toilet seat instead. He was diaper less then at daytime, I just let him wear undies and he doesn't want the irky feeling and soon he learned to tell mommy he needs to go to the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My little boy was potty trained with the wee wee at 14 months also. But the number two when he was 26months old na. He follows a certain ritual and gives me the cue that he will do the number2. But agree with you when I removed the brief and let him run in the living room naked he began telling me he's going number 2 without me having difficulty waiting for his rituals. So less expense for him sa nappy.

    ReplyDelete